Friday, August 5, 2011

THE SECOND ROUND

The second one, was to write a 250 word paragraph saying why should I be the ELLE style correspondent, and what would I bring to the competition that makes me different or better, than the rest of the contestants, and this is what I wrote:

I’m so happy I got to the second round! Now you can get to know a little bit more about me. I grew up surrounded by fashion; I spent entire days in my mom’s workshop, looking at her create amazing garments. As I grew up, my love for fashion grew with me and became my greatest passion. Now I’m an image design student; through the years I’ve taken every opportunity that has presented to me, from being a fashion designer, model, runway coordinator, PR to even becoming a writer and blogger. I also had the chance to study fashion styling at Istituto Marangoni in Milan, Italy. This experience helped me to dive even deeper into the fashion world; now I know how this amazing industry works and realized that here is where I belong. Being from Mexico has taught me to fight for my dreams, because it's hard to catch up with the rest of the world, but I will always work as hard as I can to overcome this or any barrier and show the world what our amazing culture has to offer. I’m a determined girl that always accomplishes her goals, I know I got what it takes to become the next Nokia and Elle style correspondent, if you choose me I’ll do my best to represent my country, and give you a great coverage of everything you are dying to know about what happens at NY Fashion Week from a different perspective that everyone will relate to.



 Thank you so much for the support. 
See you in NY!!
love, 
Andrea G.

No comments:

Post a Comment